Saturday, April 25
The 2015 April/ Spring Read-a-thon - Introduction Post
This will be my first read-a-thin in two years or so. Last one I participated in was October 2012! It doesn't help that my step-kids to be, both have birthdays during both read-a-thons (or around that time), or that I've become incredibly busy. In fact, I had no real plans to actively participate in it this year, but a few things fell into place, and here I am. I found an introductory questionnaire from the last read-a-thon, so I'm using that as my introductory post, although I've added a few of my own in.
For more details on the read-a-thon see the links below
Read-a-thon Goodreads Group
Read-a-thon Facebook Group
Hash tags: #readathon, #Dewey, #MiniChallenge #RahRahReadathon
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Milton, Ontario Canada. Where it is very late April, and recently snowed.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm not sure. I have two books currently on the go that I hope to finish. So, instead of which book I'm most looking forward to, here's the list of books I have in the TBR pile that I will pick form during the event
- Finish Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
- Finish Book of Negroes - Lawrence Hill
- Rift in the Sky - Julie Czerneda
- Exit Strategy - Kelley Armstrong
- Visions - Kelley Armstrong
- Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood
- MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
- Hide and Seek - Ian Rankin
- Heat Rises - Richard Castle
- Written in Red - Anne Bishop
- Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage - Alice Munro
- The Transfer / Four the Initiate / Four the Son / For the Traitor - Veronica Roth
- Ouroboros - Melissa Scott
- Long Lankin - John Banville
- From the Fifteenth District - Mavis Gallant
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
There's a nice glass or two of red wine waiting for me. Now sure which one I'll have.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm getting married in 63 days! And the wedding will have a few subtle Star Wars elements in it.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm going to read, take breaks, procrastinate from reading and hopefully read a few books that I've been wanting to read. I have no goals this time around. I'm in need of some stress relief and reading will be the way to do it.
Good luck to all of the participants have fun, stay calm and read!