Sunday, October 14
TSS: Read-a-thon - Final Thoughts
Hours Read: 16 - 16.5 hours
Other/Blogging and Visiting: 1.5ish
Books Read: 2 books, 3 short stories (from a collection of 5) and 1 novella (from a collection of 3). Got half way through a 3rd book, and read some pages from another book I started befor the read-a-thon started
Currently Reading: I finished the read-a-thon off with the Mirrored World
Pages Read: 790
Challenges: 3 - Intro Meme, Halfway Meme and Wrap-Up Meme
Cups of Coffee Consumed: 3 Cups of Coffee and a Chi-Teach Latte
Personal Cheering Team Status: By the end of the night, Lupin was asleep on the cat condo. Tonks followed me to bed and fell asleep while I read in bed.
End of event meme
1) Which hour was most daunting for you?
2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
5) How many books did you read?
6) What were the names of the books you read?
7) Which book did you enjoy most?
8) Which did you enjoy least?
9) If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
1) Near the end my last 1.5 hours I was drifting, To sleep.
2) Short Stories, Novellas or Short novels are best. Or a faced paced chunkster.
4) It was a good read-a-thon.
5) 2 books, 3 short stories, 1 novella. And half way through a third book.
6) The Furies (SGA 19) - Jo Graham and The Hound of Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle. From the short story collection Vintage Munro I read: Moons of Jupiter, Progress of Love and Differently (by Alice Munro). From the collection of novellas titled Harvest Moon I read Tangled Web by Mercedes Lackey. I also got half way through the book The Mirrored World by Deborah Dean and I read about 19 pages from the book the Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys.
7) The end of the Furies and The Hound of Baskervilles
9) I was a reader, but Go Team Smarties!
10) Yes. And a Reader of course!