Hours Reading: 12ish maybe?
Current Book: Book Borrowers/ The Penguin Book of Scottish Short Stories (well that was what was on the go when I fell asleep
Books Read: 1
Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 541
Current Location: Library/desk (I fell asleep on the couch.)
Cups of Coffee: 2 Cups of Coffee and a Carmel Latte (Love my Tassimo)
Personal Cheerleader (Tonks the cat): She napped with me on the couch for a while, then lurked around the house until bed.
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
I'm not sure, as I ended up falling asleep early on in the night - I think around 11?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Fall on Your Knees - Ann- MacDonald was a fantastic book, but it was dense and not the best book for a readathon. I've enjoyed the Scottish Short Stories, they were short and a good break, but only read 5. The final book I read is also a interesting, or will have the potential to be interesting book, but the way it's written also made for a poor choice for a readathon.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I found this year to not be as organized as previous years. There's usually aot more cheerleaders on twitter, and the bloggers and didn't see much this year. I also missed the list of participants that was on the fall list, it was handy way to visit the other blogs. That list is still there, but no new one for the spring one.
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- I just read, didn't pay much attention to the inner workings.
- How many books did you read?
1 Book, 5 short stories and 25 pages of a second book.
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Fall on Your Knees - Ann-Marie MacDonald
- The Penguin Book of Scottish Short Stories
- The Book Borrowers - Alice Mattison
- Which book did you enjoy most?I only finished the one, so Fall on Your Knees
- Which did you enjoy least?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I hope to be in the Fall one, but that depends on what goes on in the home.