This month I read 7 books, which isn't bad, but I was hoping to read a couple more books for the month. My favourite book of the month was Fire in the Blood by least favourite was Pao.
1) The Penelopiad - Margaret Atwood - 8.5/10
2) The Pearl of China - Anchee Min - 8.25/10
3) Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares - 7/10
4) The Lost (SGA 17) - Jo Graham and Amy Griswold - 7/10
5) Pao - Kerry Young - 5/10
6) Fire in the Blood -Irène Némirovsky - 9/10
7) Wake - Robert J. Sawyer - 7.75/10
I'm still doing fairly well with the challenges, the only one that I may not finish is 11 in 11. But otherwise I should be able to finish the others. I'm very close to completing a couple and should have the done in a month or so.
11 in 11 - 66/121
100+ Challenge - 67/100
1001 Books Challenge - 7/16
2011 Count Down Challenge - 52/66
A - Z Challenge - 43/52
Book Blogger Bucket List - 13/26
Canadian Reading Challenge V - 7/13
Chunkster Reading Challenge - 4/8
Fantasy Reading Challenge - 7/12
Futeristic and Sci-Fi Challenge - 7/8
Global Reading Challenge - 12/21
Ireland Reading - 3/6
Mental Illness Advocacy Reading Challenge - 2/16
Take a Chance III Challenge - 4/10
War Through the Generations - Civil War - 2/5
This month I visited Jamaica, a brief visit to Australia (but I didn't count it officially), France, USA and Ancient Greece. I'm liking this new map I'm using, because it also lets me keep track of which provinces of Canada I've visited.
This past month I went to Fan Expo, which is a massive sci-fi (and other genres) convention. This year it had a lot of authors and author panels. You can read my experiences here at this post - BTFMH and Other Bookish Stuff. I didn't go for the books, but ended up doing a lot of bookish stuff! Hurrah!
Books that Followed me Home
Here's where I list all the books that followed me home, including the books from the failed attempt to make a video at the beginning of August! (For some reason it didn't record sound)
1) Men of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong
2) Tales from the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong
3) Waking the Witch - Kelley Armstrong
4) The Penelopiad - Margaret Atwood
5) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - A trilogy of four - Douglas Adams
6) Incarceron - Catherine Fisher
7) Out for Blood - Alyxandra Harvey
8) End of Days - Max Turner
9) The Mirror Prince - Violette Malan
10) Watch - Robert J. Sawyer
And that's it for this month! Even better I managed to get this post up in good time! Only a week into the month! Go me!