In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of the Story Siren, where we can share the books we received in the mail, bought, swapped or picked up from the library. This is my first In My Mailbox, and this week I didn't get any swaps or books delivered in my mailbox, but I did buy some books for the week, from one of my used bookstores. My shelves are bursting now because eight books followed me home today, but I'm happy with my purchases (only cost me $14.92 for 8 books!)
1) The Outsider - Albert Camus (I realized when I brought the book home it had been underlined and written in. Blasphemy I tell you! But it's still readable, so that's good.)
2) Alice Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll
3) The Red Badge of Courage - Stephen Crane
4) Nicholas Nickleby - Charles Dickens
5)The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
6) Study in Scarlet - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7) Silas Marner - George Eliot (This is going to be great book for the George Eliot Mini Challenge)
8) North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell (This will also be a good choice for the Elizabeth Gaskell Mini Challenge. And I've almost bought the book multiple times. But instead of paying the 10.99 doe it, I paid 1.99. Now that's a bargain!)
So that's what was in my mailbox, although technically they didn't come from my mailbox, but I guess, if I wanted I could shove them in the mail box, walk away and come back and claim they were in fact in my mailbox at one point.... hmmm. Also, I may have to look into some bookmoch/swap or paperback swap. I have a few books I don't want, so if I could send these off to new homes and give books new homes in return, then that would be great. Any suggestions as to which one I should use? I know theres a bunch out there, but don't know which to use.
Oh, and I hope to have a review for The Heretic Queen Up, I finished it last night, but have been feeling a little icy most of the evening, so it may be up tomorrow. Hope you all had great finds in your mailboxs or bookstores.